MICHAEL (some of this may be in the Personas / Journey Maps class)
A carefully crafted vision is at the heart of every successful UX project. Painting a picture of who you serve, and what impact looks like to you is a foundational step toward making better, faster, more meaningful decisions about your business, project, or product.
In this course, you will learn UX Masters Academy's proprietary method of lean-inspired visioning. By the end of the day, you should be able to co-create a clear vision of who your project is for, what these customers need from you, what the competitive landscape looks like, and what what your key differentiators are. This time-tested approach to strategic visioning enables you to kick off or reset your projects with a collaborative brainstorming and goal-setting, bringing your team together with a shared purpose. You'll walk away with tactical strategy to co-create a vision that gets everyone reading from the same sheet of music, and the confidence to to run this type of session on your own.
Objectives & Activities
In this class, you will learn and practice a lean-inspired method for strategic visioning. By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Facilitate a strategic visioning session
- Inspire and hold the space for creative thinking on your team
- Practice customer segmentation, benchmarking, and brand positioning
- Draft, refine, and agree on a collective visioning statement with a group of opinionated people
- Articulate your impact in no uncertain terms, turning a pie-in-the-sky vision into measurable, strategic goals that your team can begin to work toward
The morning session will teach you about strategic visioning, and the details of how to lead a this type of session. In the afternoon, you will get direct practice while working on an extremely memorable case study with a small group.